Saturday, November 6, 2010

@8:57, 11/06/10



444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444







  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Nov 5, 2010
    LittleBiggyGirl

  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Exporting Our Way to Stability
    How a trip overseas can strengthen the economy at home.
    Sweet words. 
    Ultimately these are "rational actors". 
    They will buy by price.  They will sell by price.

  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Nov 5, 2010
    kimbowa

  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Jenna Wortham

  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Antibiotics Research Subsidies Weighed by U.S.
    Things like tax breaks and patent extensions are being considered as bacteria become resistant to more drugs and many pharmaceutical giants abandon the field.
    We will pay more. 
    The concept of "moral hazard" applies to this too.  Livestock feed.               (  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_hazard  ) 

  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Keith Olbermann of MSNBC Suspended Over Donations
    The indefinite suspension was a stark display of the clash between objectivity and opinion in television journalism.
    Television news department management please. Journalism has no problem with opinion.

  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Nov 5, 2010
    As H.I.V. Babies Age, Effects, and Stigma, Linger
    Some H.I.V. babies now entering adulthood are struggling with the epidemic’s legacy.
    I think I would be ok with this. 
    Raising foster children is a hard row to hoe.  I have seen it done.  I have not done it myself.  I understand it pays the rent. I do not want to have to have them in my studio.  I expect that they will be welcome after "seasoning".  "Shutting the door" on small children is cruel but I have always needed that ability since I ceased to be one.  Another reason not to have my own.  I  would need help.

  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Helen Fairman

  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Online Learning Is Growing on Campus
    Online education is finding its way into more colleges, many of them public institutions facing tight budgets.
    What these courses need are production values and study groups.
    The Marx brothers are the model.  Material is developed in front of a live audience. It is then incorporated into a 15 hour dramatic presentation  broken into one "hour" chunks with three hour long prep/study meetings held remotely.  The prep sessions are interactive and demand real time participation.  A standard college course structure adapted for remote learning.  Doing without the prep sessions makes it nearly impossible for the student. as does compressing the lectures.

  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Nov 5, 2010
    axliu

No comments:

Post a Comment