Thursday, December 30, 2010

@10:44, 12/29/10


  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    SJWhipp
    • SJWhipp posted to Twitter an article:
      Dec 28, 2010
      You’ve Got to Have (150) Friends
      “You’ve Got to Have (150) Friends - http://nyti.ms/ievFVX” 
      I find I have nowhere near that many and I am happy that way.  I need customers.
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    Whitney
    • Whitney posted to Twitter an article:
      Dec 29, 2010
      Wall Street Smarts
      “Wall Street Smarts - http://nyti.ms/brIJRP” 
      I am glad he is still writing.  This may even be true.
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    johannask
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    eugen12
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    LondonReview
  • TimesPeople recommended an article:
    Dec 28, 2010
    Wi-Fi Overload at High-Tech Meetings
    Technology conferences would seem to be a natural for great Wi-Fi access, but the technology was not intended for large rooms and crowds.
    There are fixes.  Most of them cost.  The hotels and motels must do something.  Wi-fi is very primative. Frequency hopping would do a great deal for the problem. A hailing channel to establish an encryption routine.Several hundred encrypting routines. More for really big concentrated groups.
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    J
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    elmaquiavelo
    • elmaquiavelo posted to Twitter a blog post:
      Dec 28, 2010
      Why Futurism Has a Bright Future - Room for Debate
      “Why Futurism Has a Bright Future - Room for Debate - http://nyti.ms/eJm39k” 
      I was going to deny that I was interested in  futurism until I realized that economics is another name for it.
      A lesson I was shown thirty years ago that I am still learning is that catastrophic collapse is very rare in finance.  The real threat brings prompt government action.
      We are faced with a case where self interest has bound the regulators to inapplicable theory. The catastrophe will grow until it reaches the regulators, They are well insulated so it may well be beyond salvage when it is noticed.  Real estate is not recovering.
      The SF I read is not futurism.  There is some of it but not the stuff I favour.  I think what I like are "Ripping yarns" and psychological thought experiments. The premise is almost always fantasy. The development from that is what I find of interest.
  • TimesPeople recommended a user:
    Dec 28, 2010
    Desiree
  • TimesPeople recommended a blog post:
    Dec 28, 2010
It takes the Cohen brothers to make a Lutheran narrative stand.

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222





No comments:

Post a Comment