Monday, August 8, 2011

@6:48, 08/07/11 2

The BBC this morning was running a piece on the commercialization of rapid prototyping.  This process for "the mass production of one of a kind" is something that has cooked in design since I began to learn design formally.  I found it a very attractive concept.  I think it is unworkable in practice not because it is conceptually bad but because of the mechanisms that form the concept fashion.
At this point I am in trouble because I don't have a language to discuss what I mean.
We want a new story but do not or can not compose it.  Fan fiction 
Shared universe  Romance novel  Horror  Detective  Space Opera  Western
One size fits many.  One material does not do everything.  Multiple schools of painting exist at the same time and place and even in the same person.
Personal adornment marks personality and multiple group membership.
Soundtrack: personal, group, work, fantasy, religious, exercise
.




No comments:

Post a Comment