Sunday, July 16, 2017

@1:40, 7/16/17

|



1
Opinion

I Got the Wrong Drug. And a $2,500 Band-Aid.

Mine was just one of millions of medication mix-ups each year.

The machinery of urban life is much bigger than individuals.
A few have enough power to influence its operatio.
Most are grease on the bearings. 
Important but a fungible commodity.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fungible

The universe would continue without me.
I do not like that.  I cannot change that.
I will make the bit I can change  better for those who share it.
"First, do no harm."

2
Magazine

Judge John Hodgman Rules on How to Eat Ravioli

There are guidelines for this, but at the end of the day, does it really matter?

Judge John Hodgman is dispensing wisdom.

3
N.Y. / Region

Atlantic Surf Clams: Edible, and Collectible

Head to the Rockaways, and you’re sure to come across the shell beloved by collectors on every beach up and down the coast.

I would join you in a search for perfection.

Sooner is better.     As soon as you can is best.

4
N.Y. / Region

Immersion Therapy at the Pool, for Vets and Civilians

At John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a group of veterans and students are in swim class for athletic and emotional reasons.

Do what works.

I dislike chlorinated pools.

Ozone is said to work as effectively as chlorine.

I would join you in a search for perfection.

Sooner is better.     As soon as you can is best.

5
Fashion & Style

Want a Fabulous Wedding? Consider Eloping

Some couples are spending $15,000 or more for their dream nuptials — without inviting many of their closest family and friends.

I can send my family postcards and email after the fact.

Sooner is better.    As soon as you can is best.

6
Opinion

If I Don’t Report My Workout, Did It Even Happen?

My adventures in extreme accountability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q

I would join you in a search for perfection.

Sooner is better.     As soon as you can is best.

7
N.Y. / Region

How Nadia Boujarwah, Fashion Entrepreneur, Spends Her Sundays

Ms. Boujarwah, who runs a plus-size clothing company, visits thrift stores and cycling studios, goes on business walks and cooks for friends.

It is not a bad life.
I would like her but I doubt we could maintain a friendship.
My interest is doing design.  Her's is selecting designs.


8
Your Money

Seeking More Fun? Examine the Returns on Your Time Investments

A reader thinks the Sketch Guy’s time-tracking will wring the fun out of life. He responds that the goal is simply to better match action with intention.

Yes.

I spend more time than I should Half Working.
The other half is fighting with myself.

9
Business Day

A Bridal Chain Closes. Scrambling Ensues.

Alfred Angelo has abruptly closed its more than 60 wedding dress shops around the country, leaving brides scampering to get their gowns.

Naked if you want to.

Sooner is better.    As soon as you can is best.

10
Science

Video: Following the Eyes for a Clue to Autism

Researchers studied where toddlers focused their eyes when watching a video in order to find the genetic underpinnings of brain development and autism.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/health/autism-faces-genes-brain-development.html

The work should be continued.
The workers are learning things that need to be known.


|

No comments:

Post a Comment