Wednesday, July 5, 2017

@1:35, 7/5/17

|



1
U.S.

Like His Father, Donald Trump Jr. Uses Twitter to Target the Media

The younger Mr. Trump has inherited his father’s passion for Twitter as a weapon against political foes, and conservatives see him as a high-profile torchbearer for their grievances.

"A chip off the old block"      Trump Incorporated.

2
U.S.

Police Investigate Video of an Off-Duty Officer Pinning a Teenager

The officer in Lansing, Ill., can be heard on a video accusing the 15-year-old of trespassing and saying that he could kill the teenager.

A few of the police are monsters.

3
Opinion

Why Drug Tests Are Unfair

A reader says the testing should include all recipients of federal aid or subsidy, not just Medicaid recipients.

The Farmers, the teachers and the police will not like that.

4
Magazine

How to Hold a Venomous Snake

Don’t pick it up with your hands. Don’t think too much.

It is not a trade I envy.

5
N.Y. / Region

Colleagues in Blue Hold Their Collective Breath for Injured Officer

Officer Dalsh Veve, 35, remains in a coma a month after being slung off a speeding car in Brooklyn and sustaining catastrophic head trauma.

I suspect foolish behavior.
There is no need for another law.

6
Opinion

A Girlfriend of My Own

Being blind in this public school made my heart go a notch faster. So did being near Linda.

So much of inner life is hormone driven.

7
Style

Seeking the Comfort of an Old Flame: Solitude

After leaving a man she had feared, a woman finds solace in anonymity and separation.

I have been alone enough.
I will take what I can get.
Sooner is better.    As soon as you can is best.


8
Food

A Letter From the Editor

This is an important day in the history of NYT Cooking.

I will continue to be a subscriber.
I have no intention of changing my pass word.

9
Opinion

Democracy Without Politics

The small-town questions are big ones: What do we owe our neighbors? Who gets to decide?

This is politics.
Theories of national governance verge on religion.

10
Food

What to Cook This Weekend

Why not go big with a cookout just a few days before July 4, and save the big day for hot dogs?

I find I am in the midst of a week with beach and siblings.

The freezer is usable again.   I will cook with more variety.



|

No comments:

Post a Comment