Saturday, October 28, 2017

@14:19, 10/27/17

|


1
Food

A Steam Table Laden With Bangladeshi Cuisine


As convenient.

2
Health

One Last Question Before the Operation: Just How Frail Are You?

Surgeons are testing older patients to see how likely they are to survive procedures.

Suicide by surgery is not approved.

Doctors do not like to kill their patients.
Take a pill.

I have not measured my timed up and go.
It is less than a few seconds.

3
Opinion

My ‘Orphan Disease’ Has Given Me a New Family

I’m glad to have a “rare genetic condition” instead of a “birth defect,” and a kinship with others like me.

OK

4
The Learning Network

Sandboarding

What are your favorite recreational sports?

A better winter sport.

5
Well

When the Make-Believe World Is All Too Real

I suspected my wife wasn’t going to join me and my son for Halloween because, once again, she was going psychotic.

I am not an expert.

Getting sent to Southeast Asia looked like a death sentance
to me in 1968 as it had for the previous six years.

Professional Psychiatry may be able to help.
The failure rate is high.

Talk helps.

Sooner is better.     As soon as you can is best.

6
Food

Japanese and Australian Foodways Mix Off a Winding Road

A small town in New South Wales rewards visitors and locals with a charming Japanese cafe.

As convenient.

7
The Learning Network

Boko Haram, Happiness, Graffiti and Beets: Our Favorite Student Comments of the Week

What are you reading, watching or listening to in The Times right now? Join the conversation.

I am trying to think for myself
and about you and your concerns.

8
Business Day

When ‘Morale-Building’ Gets Too Personal

A boss’s requests feel invasive, but nobody wants to tell him.

Change of employment seems required.

9
Business Day

How to Be a C.E.O., From a Decade’s Worth of Them

Adam Bryant has interviewed 525 chief executives through his years writing the Corner Office column. Here’s what he has learned.

I have learned it is not a position I can fill.

10
N.Y. / Region

Not-So-Quick Trip Down Memory Lane

Even nostalgia won’t let you cut the line.

Advertising helps business.
It does not help personal relationships.


|

No comments:

Post a Comment