Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Risks Seen in Cholesterol Drug Use in Healthy People

I agree with the comment about the expense versus the risk. I have spent about $250,000 for medical insurance but received no benefits. If I had the $250,000 I would be under a lot less stress. From a public health standpoint, the most important is good food, clean water etc. I am worried about drug residues in the drinking water. I bet a lot of people lie to their doctors about alcohol consumption because they are worried about their insurability. Alcohol plus prescription drugs = liver damage.

The worry on residues in the water is probably not well founded. An activated charcoal filter will remove them for a very long time. A Britta pitcher Will catch them. Not as well as an in line filter but the twenty bucks for peace of mind seems well worth it. The replaceable element will become unsafe bacteriologically well before it passes pharmaceutical crap. stick with the interval on the label. Here we drink fosil water about 30,000 years old. other places are not so lucky. Sanfrancisco drinks Toulami river water. The population of that water shed is near zero. Know what you drink.

Food is more problematic. Kosher is good, so is Halal. Very nearly the same thing though they would not admit it. I am not at all sure that the organic label is worth the premium. The growers are recognising that pesticides are an unnecessary cost. Fertilizers in a rational program work. and do not ruin the ground water but when was a farmer with a loan rational?

Alcohol and other drugs. Medicin is an art as well as a science. It is also commerce. Less commerce dependance will help. Getting the money out of most recreational drugs would help. Not using the recreational drugs is best.

I drive a lot. I do not drink to drunkeness and never when I will be driving within four hours. I buy a very occaisonal beer. I buy wine for occaisions. perhaps three times a year. I use no unperscribed drugs but asperin.

Coffee, tea, chocolat sugar honey salt are there and might count.

No comments:

Post a Comment