Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dennis Hopper, Hollywood Rebel, Dies at 74

Dennis Hopper, whose portrayals of drug-addled, often deranged misfits in the landmark films “Easy Rider,” “Apocalypse Now” and “Blue Velvet” drew on his early out-of-control experiences as part of a new generation of Hollywood rebel, died Saturda...

Mr. Hopper, whose portrayals of drug-addled, often deranged misfits in the landmark films "Easy Rider," "Apocalypse Now" and "Blue Velvet" drew on his early out-of-control experiences as part of a new generation of Hollywood rebel, was 74.

This is a sad loss. Dennis Hopper was One of a Kind and Hollywood and the Film World needs more unique people like Mr Hopper .. these days they are just interchangeable Barbie Dolls and Kens. I met him once, over 30 years ago, and he was a charming gentleman and I always had a soft spot in my heart for him after. He will be missed.

I enjoyed his films I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment