Saturday, August 25, 2012

@23:00, 8/24/12 2

I live quite happily with minimal television.  I look at PBS News Hour and that is about it.  That should be available broadcast and if not the narrow-cast is on line.  The dish network would be as good as any and cheaper.
I will look into AARP at need.  I have no need as of now.  I will skype eventually.
I object to Microsoft but though they own it they did not design it.  Video phone has little advantage.  Email pictures work better for most occasions.
A Bluetooth link between the viewfinder and the camera would be nice.  I have not seen one yet.  I have been living without a printer and a scanner for several years.  I have them but have not worked through the drivers.  My father had an aversion to debt.  I seem to have developed one too.  I have none now.  I have almost no income.  I do have some capital and the desire to increase it.
I am a skilled mechanic and have no desire for a new vehicle.  I am not going to win a car chase or race.  I will keep a clunker on the road far longer than I should.  The ten year old ford focus I drive has been dependable.  I will change it at need.
I will need a little time to arrange things here when called.
Sooner is better.  As soon as you can is best.

http://www.athensnews.gr/portal/1/57866


by Lynn Edmonds
24 Aug 2012 newsbites@6

Temperatures are expected to reach 41-42C on the mainland on Sunday (Eurokinissi)

Temperatures are expected to reach 41-42C on the mainland on Sunday (Eurokinissi)

1. SAMARAS, MERKEL “I want Greece to stay in the eurozone” Merkel said at the joint press conference on Friday, without mention of an extension for the memorandum terms. For his part, Samaras emphasised a need for “sips of air”, or an extension coupled with growth measures, in what he called the “long underwater dive” that is adherence to the memorandum. Merkel was prepared to await the troika report in September before taking further action, while Samaras vowed she would not be disappointed by Greece’s efforts.
2. REACTIONS - SYRIZA, KKE “Samaras is giving up everything and getting nothing in return” Syriza said in a press conference following the Berlin meeting. "The Greek people waited, in vain, to hear something that reminiscent of renegotiation. Instead, Samaras promised unwavering implementation of… a socially catastrophic…policy." KKE pointed out that the commitments Samaras and Merkel should not be considered as commitments of the Greek people. “It is in the interests of the people that they proceed with massive mobilisations, to make Greece's disengagement from the EU and write-off of the debt their cause,” the KKE said.
3. REACTIONS - GOLDEN DAWN Golden Dawn blasted talks between Samaras and Merkel in Berlin, charging that Merkel, "like a good loanshark, reiterated that they have given us a lot of money and that they will get back even more", whereas Samaras "did not say a word about the thousands of Greeks who are committing suicide and about the blood that has been shed for the sake of the Memorandum".
4. HEATWAVE Greece is in the grips of yet another heat wave, with temperatures expected to climb to 41C-42C on the mainland, according to the Greek Meteorological Service (EMY). Meteorologists forecast that temperatures will reach 39-40C Friday and Saturday, and peak on Sunday at 41-42C, before finally falling on Monday thanks to strong winds from the north.
5. NEIGHBOURLY GOODWILL Citizen protection minister Nikos Dendias thanked Serbian premier Ivica Dacic on Friday for helping fight the recent wildfire on Mt. Athos. Dacic assured Dendias that Belgrade is prepared to provide assistance again to Greece in the future, if required. Dendias and Dacic further expressed their volition for continued cooperation between the Greek and Serbian governments.

Greece will default and exit the Euro shortly.  They will stay in the EU.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment