Thursday, June 7, 2018

@13:23, 6/7/18

|


1
Style

Thanks for the Painful Reminder

Sometimes a well-intentioned “I’m sorry for your loss” hurts more than it helps.

I only know what I read in the papers.

2
Well

Death by Tuna Sandwich?

My heart does some crazy things. It stops beating when I eat.

If you have problems with your vagus nerve get them diagnosed.

3
Movies

Video: The Monster in the Family

A look at films where the boogeyman just may be a loved one.

Know it and deal with it.

4
Business Day

Former Fox News Analyst Calls Network a ‘Destructive Propaganda Machine’

Ralph Peters, who quit in March in disgust, said that the network’s attacks on democratic institutions do “a great, grave disservice to our country.”

He is correct.
His realization has come late.

5
Well

Highly Educated, Very Nearsighted?

People who spent more years in school were more likely to have myopia.

The causal relationship runs the other way.

6
Fashion & Style

I Married a Millennial. I Married a Gen Xer. Now What?

When a millennial marries a member of Generation X, or even someone older, their age difference can often stir up some intergenerational drama.

It all can be discussed.   I spend a good deal of time reading and thinking.

7
Style

Styling a Sense of Self

And, the hipster polo, the next cult beauty label and more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_New_York

8
Reader Center

Who Gets a New York Times Wedding Announcement?

Dos and don’ts for submitting your nuptials to The Times.

I don't need the Times.

9
Style

Kim Cattrall Can Talk to Me About Anything

Even “Sex and the City,” which I did not watch.

Enjoy the voice.   It is an art.

10
Style

Andy Spade’s Statement About Kate Spade’s Death

“Kate suffered from depression and anxiety for many years.”

Andy Spade stopped listening.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment