Saturday, August 26, 2017

@22:00, 8/25/17


|


1
Opinion

Donald Was a Creep. Too Bad Hillary Couldn’t Say It.

Clinton did what most women do when they face harassment or intimidation: ignored it. Now she’s stewing in the what-if.

Hillary had no need to "call out" Trump.

His electorate will suffer from him.

2
Style

Are You There, Dad? It’s Me, Alice

After a 10-year-old girl tries to contact her recently deceased father by email, an unusual correspondence begins.

"Accept no substitutes"

3
Podcasts

‘The Daily’ Transcript: Interview With Former White Nationalist Derek Black

Derek Black, a godson of David Duke, describes his experience growing up in a white nationalist family and how he turned on the movement.

Some people do learn.  I am pleased.

4
Podcasts

Still Processing: We Care for Ourselves and Others in Trump’s America

Wesley Morris and Jenna Wortham discuss personal health in our ailing country.

The primary discussion is the five day week and the eight hour day.  The discussion wanders to racism and the politics of racism and the politics of urbanism.

5
N.Y. / Region

Lunch Alone at the Bar

A solitary meal at a chic restaurant turns into something quite different.

The bartender was on the outside of a casual conversation.

6
Your Money

‘Just Use the China’ or ‘Call 1-800-Got-Junk’: Readers on Inheriting Keepsakes

Times readers debated the process of deciding which heirlooms parents should pass down to their children, and what to do when the children say no thanks.

I have never been good at throwing things out.
I am working on it.

Most of what I want to take with me are tools.

7
Food

A New York Perch for Aviary, Chicago’s High-Concept Bar

The first branch of Grant Achatz’s experimental bar unfolds its quirky charms here next month.

I would give this operation a miss.

8
Well

Finding Forgiveness After Decades of Guilt

I’d always wondered whether I was an accomplice in my mother’s death.

I would rather have the argument.

9
Food

What to Cook Right Now

Chicken, cooked slowly in olive oil with a scattering of rosemary, is an easy meal to get on the table after a long day at work.

I cook.

10
Fashion & Style

Is This Treatment the Cure for Hair Loss?

Harklinikken, a Danish company with an extract to fight hair loss, has come to the United States, where it is aggressively opening clinics.

Do what you need to do.
I feel little need to reverse the age of my head. 


|

No comments:

Post a Comment