Thursday, August 10, 2017

@12:37, 8/10/17

|


1
T Magazine

What Does New ’80s-Inspired Workwear Say About Women — and Power?

A writer considers fall’s modest and voluminous silhouettes.

"Second verse:
Same as the first"

 2
Magazine

How to Have Your Health Food and Love It, Too

Make your own tofu, then serve it with a French butter sauce – the best of two very different kinds of cooking.

I can do that.
I am reluctant to eat under soaked beans.

3
Well

The Dogs We Run For

It was hard to run after my dog died. Then a new one came into my life.

I will make peace with your dog.

4
Smarter Living

Dorm Essentials You Shouldn’t Forget (and Some You Should Skip)

Smaller, sometimes forgotten items can sometimes have the biggest impact.

A careful list helps.

5
Sports

Yanks Generate a Lot of Runs, and a Lot of Ugliness Along the Way

On the way to a large margin of victory, there was injury news, poor pitching and embarrassing plays.

https://nytimes.stats.com/mlb/standings.asp

6
Fashion & Style

Stefano Ricci, Clothier to the 0.001 Percent

A luxury men’s wear brand favored by oligarchs and oil scions is taking its $2,000 crocodile-skin baseball caps to new stores in Miami and Las Vegas.

I don't want to go there.

7
Fashion & Style

Elizabeth Olsen, Cooking Onscreen and Off

The actress has two new movies out, and plays a superhero in the next “Avengers” installment. But what she really wants to do is shave truffles.

She is not much interested in the next avengers installment.
Neither am I.
I liked Diana Rigg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Rigg

8
Well

Chair Yoga for My Funny Bones

Radiation, chemotherapy and steroids can render bones brittle, something I learned after I slipped on ice and fractured my pelvis.

I am not in bad shape.
I spend more time than I should sitting.

9
Science

Your Instagram Posts May Hold Clues to Your Mental Health

From the colors in photos to the filters chosen, Instagram users with a history of depression present the world differently, a study suggests.

Pictures show as much about the photographer as the subject.

10
Science

Bone’s Marks Suggest a Cannibal Ritual in Ancient Britain

Researchers have found a zigzag pattern on a human arm bone that might have been engraved as part of a cannibalistic funeral ritual 15,000 years ago.

The anthropologists are learning.
I have no objections to their learning. 


|

No comments:

Post a Comment