Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Marine Science Research Center

I was there for nine years eleven months. I was a tech. I did some design work. I began to learn DOS. I struggled with Auto cad. In the early releases it was a monster. I finished out my guide boat. I built a paper tape reader for tide gages.
I built an apparatus to measure thermistor time constants. I built a stable micro oxygen sensor and support circuitry. I built several precision incubators. I built remote water samplers to go down with Alvin. I built instrument mooring releases. I built pressure cases. I built centripetal bubble separators. I built a multiple release mechanism to control a sampling net. I designed all of these. I serviced and calibrated the current meter pool. I invented a non spiking salinometer. I fought for development time and lost. I was laid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment