Friday, July 6, 2018

@2:30, 7/6/18

|


1
Style

Mom, I Need a Break

There’s only so much inter-parental drama a daughter can handle.

I read and try to reason.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

2
Style

This Is What Happens When Friends Fall in Love

She hoped their platonic bond would always outshine romantic attraction. Then her friend got a crush on someone else.

There is no where to go but on.

3
World

Record-Smashing Heat Wave Kills 33 in Quebec

“It’s survival of the fittest,” said one man who managed to buy one of the last air-conditioning units at a Home Depot in Montreal.

A few more days.

4
Style

I’m in My 40s, Child-Free and Happy. Why Won’t Anyone Believe Me?

Since I turned 40 I’ve encountered disbelief that I could possibly be enjoying my own life. But then there’s the other unexpected gift of this age: just how little concern I have for others’ opinions.

I will.

5
U.S.

Annapolis Shooting Suspect Sent Letter to Virginia Newsroom, Police Say

The Virginian-Pilot got a letter Thursday morning that the police believe was from Jarrod W. Ramos, the suspect in the killing of five people in a Maryland newsroom.

I do not know enough.
The shootings appear insane.


Arts

Statue of Liberty Stamp Mistake to Cost Postal Service $3.5 Million

The U.S. post office used a Las Vegas replica on its Lady Liberty “forever” stamps. It now owes the sculptor $3.5 million for copyright infringement.

I do not understand copyright law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getty_Images

The U.S. Postal Service was badly served by their legal department.

7
Well

Airline Crew Have Higher Cancer Rates

Flight attendants had increased rates of breast, uterine, cervical, gastrointestinal, skin and thyroid cancers.

Yes.

8
The Upshot

Americans Are Having Fewer Babies. They Told Us Why.

Women have more options, for one. But a new poll also shows that financial insecurity is altering a generation’s choices.

Fewer, later children are not a surprise too me.

9
Movies

Scarlett Johansson’s Casting as Transgender Man Draws a Backlash

Transgender actors led the criticism of her role in the film “Rub & Tug,” saying such casting takes opportunities away from members of marginalized communities.

The persons who are objecting have no case.

10
World

Japan Executes Cult Leader Behind Deadly 1995 Subway Attack

Shoko Asahara, whose doomsday cult killed 13 people when it released sarin gas in the Tokyo subway, was put to death on Friday, Japanese media reported.

Judicial killings do not please me.

I will hope they will not be used again.



|

No comments:

Post a Comment