Tuesday, March 27, 2018

@8:44, 3/27/18

|


1
The Learning Network

Weekly News Quiz for Students: Gun Violence Protests, Stormy Daniels, More Tariffs

How well did you follow the news this past week? How many of these 10 questions can you get right?




Score
10 out of 10

2
Magazine

Is It O.K. for My Wife’s Shrink to Ask Her to Contact Mine?

The magazine’s Ethicist columnist on what a spouse’s therapist can urge to be shared with yours, how to approach a colleague who nods off and more.

Marla is a Jewish Mother.
She still wants me though both of us know the impossibility.
We loved one-another and I could not love her enough to abandon the remains of my early life.
She has been a lifeline and is just as manipulative.
Here we are.
I cannot do otherwise.

Sooner is better.   As soon as you can is best.

3
Food

Cookies That Deliver a Bang With Flavorful Fillings

Beyond chunks, these cookies are stuffed with jam, peanut butter and caramel.

Chocolate chip with strawberry jam is a wonderful thought.

Sooner is better.    As soon as you can is best.

4
Arts

Stephen Colbert on the Stormy Daniels Interview: ‘It All Felt True’

Colbert and other late-night hosts were amused but not surprised by Stephanie Clifford’s “60 Minutes” interview.

Late night is correct.
Pence would be worse.
"Agnew first."

5
Magazine

Is the Next Nobel Laureate in Literature Tending Bar in a Dusty Australian Town?

With the publication of two new books, Gerald Murnane might finally find an American audience.

I probably will lack the patience for Murnane.

Off to oral surgery. 

I am returned

6
Obituaries

John Cacioppo, Who Studied Effects of Loneliness, Is Dead at 66

He helped link a lack of social connections to physiological damage. And while conducting his research he married a fellow neuroscientist.

Sooner is better.   As soon as you can is best.

My friends, such as they are, are in Brooklyn.
I will stay with them before I go to Alfred.
I will wait for warmer weather and dental implants.


Books

Dear Match Book: Hidden Gems

Eclectic works of fiction from off the beaten path.

I have no energy for books or much else.
I am healing from surgery.

8
World

A New Cold War With Russia? No, It’s Worse Than That

After the expulsions of Russian diplomats from the United States and Europe, analysts say relations have reached an alarming state of volatility.

Russia and Putin are a problem.

9
Opinion

All the President’s Thugs

Stormy Daniels said she was physically threatened after agreeing to sell her story of a sexual liaison with Donald Trump. It rings all too true.

10
Technology

Copy Here, Paste There

Apple’s hardware can share apps and services through an iCloud account, making it possible to copy text on an iPhone and paste it on a Mac.

Yes

I hope you solve the problem.

I must sleep and take my meds.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/28/style/california-pilates-healer-wellness.html

Sooner is better.     As soon as you can is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment