Saturday, March 10, 2018

@19:40, 3/9/18

|

1
Food

A Treat for Lemon Lovers and Beyond

This tangerine, ginger and chocolate tart has verve, depth and a hint of spice.

I would eat a small slice.
I am as pure as I can stand.

2
Opinion

I Was Assaulted. He Was Applauded.

Jules Woodson reacts to the apology delivered by Andy Savage, a pastor at the Highpoint Church in Memphis, who admits to a “sexual incident” in 1998.

I believe Jules Woodson unless she is proven wrong.
"The Cloth" is not immunity.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/man_of_the_cloth

3
Food

A Take on Shepherd’s Pie, Straight From the Farm

An irresistibly homey combination of parsnips, potatoes and duck legs creates a satisfying spin on a traditional dish.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019213-darina-allens-shepherds-pie

4
Business Day

When a Good Friend Becomes a Terrible Colleague

A dear friend outside the workplace turns out to be a big problem on the job: throwing tantrums and stealing ideas. How can you make work tolerable and save the friendship?

Correcting the situation starts with a conversation.

Sooner is better.    As soon as you can is best.

5
Fashion & Style

From Crayons to Chemo, He’s Back by Her Side

Once kindergarten classmates, he reached out from Iraq on Facebook after more than 20 years. Now they’ll have a wedding thrown by Jamie’s Dream Team.

Sooner is better.  As soon as you can is best.

I will marry you as soon as I can after you tell me I may in words.

6
Food

What to Cook This Weekend

St. Patrick’s Day is next week, and that means one thing: It is time to corn the beef.

OK

7
Real Estate

Houseplants for Beginners

Certain plants are relatively low maintenance and ideal for someone just starting an indoor garden.

If you must.
I was taught that plants grow in soil and soil belongs outdoors.

8
Opinion

Video: I Was Assaulted. He Was Applauded.

Jules Woodson reacts to the apology issued by Andy Savage, a pastor at the Highpoint Church in Tennessee, who admits to a "sexual incident" when she was 17 years old.

She was not made whole.
She probably could not be made whole.
Jules Woodson suffered a betrayal of trust.
I will not blame the victim.
I hold the church and Andy Savage, the pastor, responsible.
I do not know how to do justice.

9
World

Steve Bannon Is Done Wrecking the American Establishment. Now He Wants to Destroy Europe’s.

The exiled Trump adviser and former head of Breitbart News is on a new mission: to train Europe’s budding populists to do what he did.

Revenge is a terrible and insatiable god.

10
Arts

Giovanni Ribisi Has Been Conned. So Have You.

Mr. Ribisi, of Amazon’s “Sneaky Pete,” talks about the art of the con, the allure of Bryan Cranston and his own commitment to four “Avatar” sequels.

These days I turn the television on as a sleep aid.



|

No comments:

Post a Comment