Friday, September 22, 2017

@19:02

|


1
Food

Bake Cake

Opinion

Is ‘Fixing’ a Life Partner a Good Thing?

Readers discuss two sides of the question.

Some things can be fixed.

Some things cannot be fixed.

I would not try to fix a gay or  left handedness.
Addicts must fix themselves.  I can try to help.
Dyslexia does not fix.

3
Food

Yotam Ottolenghi on Creating Recipes and His Cookbook ‘Sweet’

For the British chef, author and self-described baking nerd, there is no limit to the number of times you can make a cake in order to get it right.

I will make them if you wish.
I will not make them for myself.
I would eat them.  I like sweet, I am human.

4
Opinion

The ‘Madman’ Is Back in the Building

I returned to work after my psychotic break, but my bipolar disorder did, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovesickness

I thought I was dealing with it.
The recurrence surprised me.
I am trying for "compassionate love"
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201212/what-is-the-passion-in-passionate-love

I was exhausted and depressed and did not see myself surviving Vietnam.
I did not see myself graduating.

5
The Learning Network

Teaching Activities for: ‘Rare White Giraffes Cause a Stir in Kenya’

What rare genetic condition can make giraffes lack their trademark spots?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/16/world/africa/rare-white-giraffe-kenya.html

Leucism


Opinion

Video: 116 Cameras

What if your most important experiences could live on after you die?

Learn from the history; all the history.

Ideas do not die.

7
The Learning Network

Who Should Decide Whether a Teenager Can Get a Tattoo or Piercing?

Should parents and doctors be involved in a teenager’s decision to get a tattoo or piercing?

The child will decide.

Learning should lead decision.

Ornament is a surface.

"Ugly goes clear to the bone."

8
Times Insider

‘Isn’t That the Trump Lawyer?’: A Reporter’s Accidental Scoop

Kenneth P. Vogel overheard a conversation at a Washington steakhouse that led to a story on the White House legal team’s internal discord over the Russia investigations.

The story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/17/us/politics/trump-lawyers-white-house-russia-mcgahn-ty-cobb.html

9
U.S.

Right and Left on Hillary Clinton’s Reckoning With the 2016 Race

Writers from across the political spectrum on Mrs. Clinton’s new book reflecting on her failed bid for the presidency.

I will read her book eventually.

"A great right wing conspiracy"

The effort started in 1913.

10
Books

The Education of Ellen Pao

In “Reset,” the Silicon Valley executive and former venture capitalist explains how she came to question the culture of the tech industry.

She should have encrypted her notes with a one time pad.  Any ebook could serve.  The code would have to live on her private smart phone with the notes.

Ideas do not die.

The stink hangs in the culture.

A Beautiful Mind

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268978/

see the discussion among the graduate students over beer.

"The blond goes home alone"

No comments:

Post a Comment