Wednesday, January 11, 2017

@1:15, 1/11/17

|


1
Real Estate

Getting Rid of Miserable Roommates

Can I ask my roommates to move out if I’ve been here longer?

Leaving them is the easy way.

2
Movies

What You Need to Know About ‘La La Land’

The film is nominated for seven Golden Globes. Here’s a rundown.

I will look at most anything.

3
World

Swiss Muslim Girls Must Attend Swim Classes With Boys, Court Says

The girls’ parents had resisted the mandatory classes on religious grounds, taking their case to the European Court of Human Rights.

Children must learn to swim and to deal with the opposite sex.

4
Science

These Foods Aren’t Genetically Modified but They Are ‘Edited’


Call it selective breeding.

5
Opinion

I Got Gay Married. I Got Gay Divorced. I Regret Both.

Never have I fought so hard for a right that hurt me so much.

Sooner is better.  As soon as you can is best.

6
U.S.

Anti-Vaccine Activist Says Trump Wants Him to Lead Panel on Immunization Safety

The vaccine skeptic, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., said Mr. Trump had asked him to lead the commission, though a spokeswoman said no final decisions had been made.

Trump will need his friends.

7
Business Day

Smaller Airports Get the Attention of International Carriers


8
U.S.

Gang Database Criticized for Denying Due Process May Be Used for Deportations

The A.C.L.U. is suing over sweeping gang injunctions issued in Los Angeles that could also be used to round up supposed criminal immigrants, even when there is no evidence or trial.

There is a right to privacy.

9
Food

What to Cook This Week

Start with morning glory muffins, move into Swedish meatballs, and cap it all off with lamb burgers or a spinach lasagna.

I am lazy this week again.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment