Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Data-Driven Life

What happens when technology can calculate and analyze every quotidian thing that happened to you today-.

I have run across several of these self trackers. They were not appealing people.

I do not wish to increase their numbers either by joining them in their obsession or by easing the pain of it.

There is real knowledge to be gained by keeping records. Knowledge is records. It is only reasonable that self knowledge would be gained by keeping records of our selves as expressed in our actions.

This was what I did not see in psycology. When it becomes a dominant part of the field I will find that field fasinating.

At present I prefer to not distract myself with further distractions.

Fasinating article. I am glad I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment