Monday, April 20, 2009

Parsons II

I was graduating again. I had an actual BFA. Commercial professional employment escaped me again. There was nothing in the Parsons list of opportunities that was any kind of a fit. I had been doing art and tool technique as a student employee. Systematic design was still blocked. My supervisor, the Pratt student, knew something of my earlier education. I was hired to operate the product shop and given a couple of electives as financial supplement. This lasted two semesters.
The dummy shipped a Mac to his home address. He was fired. I lost support. I moved to foundation where I was the wrong sex, the wrong age, the wrong sexual orientation, the wrong belief system and had the wrong philosophy of art.
Worst of all, I was unfashionable. I was summarily fired in the spring. I came home that evening to mother's announcement that her mammogram had come back with a hot spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment