Tuesday, February 6, 2018

@16:40

|


1
World

We Have to Get Naked

Visitors encounter a surprise on one of Sydney’s nude beaches.

Ice cream does help.

2
Fashion & Style

Make the Friends Happy. Don’t Have a Wedding Party.

A growing number of couples are opting to not have bridesmaids and groomsmen. They want to spare friends and family the hassle and expense.

Any ceremony you can get.
Sooner is better.  As soon as you can is best.

3
Movies

Christopher Plummer Talks Frankly About Replacing Kevin Spacey

Up for an Oscar for playing J. Paul Getty, a part that initially went to Mr. Spacey, Mr. Plummer recalls thinking: “To hell with it, I’m doing it.”

Age encourages cutting to the chase.

4
Fashion & Style

Nerds and Nudity

Todd Snyder and Willy Chavarria struck personal themes for their fall men’s wear shows, one of nerd chic, the other of current parlous politics.

men's fashion is incomprehensible to me.
I just don't care.

5
Movies

Quentin Tarantino Responds to Uma Thurman as Polanski Comments Resurface

The director said he regretted making the actress perform a dangerous stunt. The interview led to increased scrutiny of his past defense of the director Roman Polanski’s unlawful sex with a 13 year old.

Quentin Tarantino needs a thoughtful writer.

6
Your Money

So It’s Your First Market Hiccup. What Should You Do Now?

Tempted to sell? Answer these six questions first, including ones about your timing, your goals, your predictive skills and your overall anxiety level.

I have won by simply holding.

I am nervous.  I do not have to sell.
I will not get a margin call.

7
Arts

Alexa Ray Joel, Downtown Girl, Is Surrounded by Memories

In her NoLIta apartment, the daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley has created a home filled with heirlooms.

Not my problem.

I will take a few things.  Mostly books.

8
World

Machete-Wielding Attacker Shot in Presidential Complex in Tehran

The assailant, believed to be around 35, was dressed in a white shroud, symbolic in Shiite Islam of a willingness to die for one’s cause.

We did not do it.

9
Well

How I Solved the Gender Labor Imbalance

All I had to do was move to a country where my husband speaks the language better than I do.

Whatever it takes.

10
T Magazine

Inside a Laid-Back, Laurel Canyon Dinner Party

The designers Chelsea Hansford and Daniel Corrigan of Simon Miller showcased their fall/winter 2018 collection in the form of a dinner at home — and offered tips for entertaining.

Product first.

|

No comments:

Post a Comment