Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reboot

I was awake, for the first time in twenty eight years. I had hope replacing the grey stoicism which had underlain my existence. I was also vulnerable. Things mattered. I needed friends. I needed connection. I wanted my profession.

continued.

Mother began to walk every day. By summer she was getting to the beach and back.
I put a message on Bill's answering machine. " The object is ornament." I began to look for my friends from Parsons.
I consulted Marla. I began a library search. Marla found the Classmates listing. I joined IDSA. I went online. I began to build a portfolio of work. I began to work at design. I built a resume. I found Ini again. In May I called Bill in search of work. Maybe in September. September came, I went in to Pratt and did. There was no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment