Saturday, September 26, 2009

interiors

I can do and have done this work.
It is fashion. I do not volunteer to do fashion.
The fact that the interior of a building has little or nothing to do with the exterior was brought home to me only a few years ago.
The problem of interior design is much the same as that of architecture. It is to make the space fit the mind of the occupant and or the client.
Let me deal with the specific case.
The designer has done her client proud. There is nothing I can quibble with in the work done. The presentation by the reporter needed some polishing. It got it in the comments.
The negative comments fall into three categories. Failure to read. Failure to see. Failure to think. I will include simple jealousy in the last category.

No, a pretty throw would not "fix" the sofa. The client's problem was that she had not moved in to the space. As a fashion house publicist and an English major she may not be capable of moving in to the space. The party procedure I learned is that coats go on the bed. Closets are Private space. About a third of this space was not covered in this article. The windows face south. I would not willingly socialize with the client.
The city is not a requirement of mine. I found work there within range of "free" rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment