Unfortunately the Declaration of Independence is not a legal document of the United States.
I will stick to lawful means until they utterly fail.I was tempted after the 2000 miscarriage but the prospect of martyrdom did not appeal to me. I will continue to vote Democratic until there is a liberal party with a hope of success. There is no left with the possible exceptions of Barry Saunders of Vermont and Denis Kucinich of Ohio
The Declaration is great prose. George III was crazy. The Parliament was nearly as bad as today's' Congress.
As the old Chicago power advised: "Vote early, vote often."
I like Jefferson. I admire Franklin.
A Consumer Bill Gives Exemption on Payday Loans
The people of this nation need to understand that 98% our statesmen that are suppose to represent us be it Democrats or Republicans have no interest in doing what is right for the nation as a whole or the citizens they represent. The Representatives and Senators work only for the good of the corporations that bought them their election and their seat. Nothing that serves to protect the people against tyranny of the corporations will ever come out of the US Government as it is now. Once this is understood, action must be taken to create a new form of Government as this one is broken and does not serve it's people. We have no choice we are told to do this. Whenever any form of government is destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it,and to institute new government in such form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.” Declaration of Independence, 1776
No comments:
Post a Comment