Monday, March 8, 2010

I think that I have never watched the academy awards. I have sampled them and been through the room when the were running.
Talking athletes are not interesting. An actor is an athlete.

"Lets you and him fight"
The move potentially leaves about three million cable customers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut without access to the Academy Awards telecast on Sunday night.

I hate both of these companies, and I hate the history that has allowed them to become what they have become. Cablevision is right in that ABC is currently free over the air and it's outrageous to pay more for retransmission of a "free" broadcast channel that receives untold millions in ad revenue. Does anyone think those constant commercial interruptions during LOST aren't keeping Disney executives well fed? On the other hand, in many parts of NYC cablevision is a monopoly. If I want WABC-7 I have to be in an area where I can get good over-the-air reception or be able to place a satellite facing a certain direction or I'm stuck with cable. For so many people who live in building tenements in the outer-boroughs there isn't an option. It's cablevision or nothing. How did that come to be? So yeah, I hate both of these companies.



No comments:

Post a Comment