Friday, August 20, 2010

My brother Warner and his wife are down visiting.

Vasile Stoica
I took this as a signal once when it dead ended.
This indicates a dead industry.
The New York Times
August 1, 2009
Music Sales


A few hours ago this was entered here.
I find real pleasure in Charles Addams work. I have since I encountered it at 11 and a half.
  • Who Profits? Who Learns?

    Congress needs to keep closer tabs on for-profit schools, many of which fleece students rather than work for them.

Accreditation is important.
Could we only subsidize course work that is accepted by other schools? What about the unique schools?
  • Covering Its Tracks Paid Off Handsomely
  • With Grand Central Terminal, there is a network of fragments of what was conceived as Terminal City, a unified matrix of development atop the new real estate created when the tracks and railroad yards were covered.

Grand Central was the passenger terminal of the New York Central RR This was one of two and a major entry to the city. Commuter service has captured the line and the long distance services are gone. The daily travel destinations have filled the spaces. It is still Terminal City. The Rich Are back. The services will be reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment