Overuse of Digital Devices May Lead to Brain Fatigue
When people keep their brains busy with digital input, they are forfeiting downtime that could allow them to learn better, or come up with new ideas.
Constant external stimulation Is exhausting. A torture method is death by tickling.
Less than deadly is regular stimulation. To always need a new distraction ones model of the world must be unbearable. I have lead an interrupt driven existence. It is not pleasant. Think of driving in heavy traffic.
I deeply resent my cell phone. Through that device I am constantly on call. It is not the digital nature of the device. There were analogue Cell phones before there were digital phones. They had the same problems. The location aware marketing devices have no attraction for me. I am tempted to go email only.
I enjoy guy flicks. Car chases, explosions and obvious evil defeated by personal violence. Two hours is more than enough for several weeks. Living with that induces traumatic stress disorder.
No comments:
Post a Comment