Sex & Drugs & the Spill
Can we stop pointing fingers for now and all the "I told you so" noise and come together as a country to stop this environmental nightmare!! The President (like so many before him) talk about volunteering and service--well how about making us feel that we all need to help in someway. I swear if there was real leadership that would be give me a sense of how I could help be part of the solution to this immediate crisis I would go down to the gulf and help anyway I could for as many days as I could. But no, it's all the same ass-covering and posturing and too-little too-late small-minded crisis management. I would love to be part of a nationwide call to help. I would love to see how industries, religious organizations, schools and private organizations could come together and go to war against The Spill. Instead we have ineffectiveness and tragedy we can watch from our sofa's and shake our head at. Can't we be united and effective together as a nation ever again? Can't we have real leadership that pulls us together in a just cause with no reason to disagree but to cooperate shoulder-to-shoulder? Sigh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane_hydrate
Pump hot water into the dome. The methane ice will go unstable. The dome can then be used as planned.
Clean up will prove impossible but efforts will be made. Clean up of the interior department is not in the interest of the Republican party. Trying to do it now would stop all action. I am planing for November. Bodies will help then.
A model for what needs to happen next is "Take Back Our Streets". We need to take back our government. It needs to act in the general populations' interest.
The general population does not recognise its interest.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2010/05/gulf-oil-spill-tar-balls-wash-up-on-alabama-island.html
No comments:
Post a Comment